Last night, 2nd August, we were invited by Samsung to YNot Kitchen & Bar at Intercontinental Dubai Marina. It was a live-stream for the launch and also a sneak peak event for The Next Galaxy Note 7. Samsung, in New York, unpacked the large screen Galaxy Note 7 phablet along with a stylus pen.
This Galaxy device has a number of features taken from the flagship device S7 and S7 Edge. These features include:
- Slightly curved 5.7-inch display
- S Pen stylus
- Iris scanner to unlock the phone with your eyes
- Fingerprint scanner
- Water resistant display
- Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) video streaming
- 12 Megapixel Rear Camera and 5 Megapixel Front Camera
- An increase of 17 percent in battery capacity, compared to Note 5
- Expandable storage up to 256 gigabytes
- Edge display – the same as the Galaxy S7 Edge
As you may have noticed, Samsung skipped Note 6 and brought forward a handset in line with their flagship S7 phones. A local launch will be next week in Dubai and these devices will be out in the market from 17th of August onwards for public. Stay tuned for a review of this device in a week.
New Gear VR headset
At the event, Samsung also mentioned an upgrade to their GearVR headset. GearVR is Samsung’s virtual reality headset and this latest update was to make it also compatible with the latest Galaxy device.
The difference is not that huge except that it has a slightly wider field of view and the color has been changed to a shade of black-blue. Below are some pictures of the new GearVR and I feel you should try it if you plan to get a Galaxy Note 7. It’s wider field of view along with the HDR streaming of the latest phablet will make it an out of this world experience for sure.