Samsung Electronics unveiled an extensive line-up of SUHD TVs at GITEX Shopper today. Making their regional debut at the show, Samsung’s SUHD TVs are designed to set a new standard in premium UHD content and elevate the viewing experience to new levels. The innovative SUHD TV celebrates a major milestone in the UHD era. It surpasses the limitations of previous displays, delivering superior picture quality with stunning contrast, striking brightness and spectacular color.
“Our heritage of innovation is what drives us to deliver unparalleled depth, sound and even feeling to consumers through our state-of-the-art TVs. This year, we have taken things to another level by breaking down the last barrier to a truly immersive viewing experience with the SUHD TV,” said Mr. Vinod Nair, General Manager of CTV Business at Samsung Gulf Electronics, at the show. “Our SUHD TV brings viewers closer to the story than they ever thought possible, and it does it in superb UHD detail. To watch a scene on, it is to live it, and we hope that it will bring many meaningful experiences to our customers in the Gulf region.”
Additionally, Samsung’s SUHD TVs have a number of new and exciting features. Its SUHD re-mastering engine delivers an unrivaled viewing experience; its stylish curved design provides viewers with a more immersive viewing experience; and its Smart TV functions are now powered by Tizen, giving viewers easy access to their favorite content.
Introducing Unmatched Picture Quality
SUHD TV’s nano-crystal semiconductor transmits different colors of light depending on their size to produce the highest color purity and light efficiency available today. This technology produces a wide range of more accurate colors, providing viewers with 64 times more color expression than conventional TVs. The SUHD re-mastering engine automatically analyzes the brightness of images to minimize additional power consumption, while expressing the highest levels of contrast, producing images with much darker blacks, elevating brightness to 2.5 times brighter than conventional TVs, and expressing twice the color adjustment points for the most accurate color display.
Sophisticated And Improved Curved Designs
When Samsung introduced the curved form-factor in 2013, it dramatically enhanced the home entertainment experience for consumers. Taking cues from contemporary art and architecture, Samsung’s SUHD TVs were designed and enhanced with many modern and minimalist highlights.
The SUHD TV JS9500 will feature the company’s proprietary Chamfer bezel design, adding more depth to the TV screen, and an elegant frame that makes the TV look like a piece of art when mounted on the wall.The SUHD TV JS900 model has a soft, textured Shirring design on the back, ensuring that the TV maintains its stylish edge from any angle.
New Smart TV Redefines the Entertainment Experience of the Future
As of 2015, all of Samsung’s Smart TVs, including the new SUHD TV, will be powered by Tizen, an open-source platform that supports the web standard for TV app development. Thanks to Tizen, Samsung’s new Smart TV platform not only has a bevy of new features, but it also grants consumers intuitive access to a more integrated entertainment experience, and more choices for content than ever before.
- The new user interface for Samsung’s Smart Hub is more responsive and allows users to access the content they want with less fuss. It also displays your most recent content and draws up tailored content recommendations, adding to your entertainment options.
- With Quick Connect, Samsung Smart TVs automatically recognize Samsung smartphones once paired via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology. Consumers can share video content from their Samsung smart phone to their Smart TV with the press of a button. Also, users can watch TV through their mobile devices without any apps or complicated pre-settings.
- Samsung Smart TV owners can wake up a bit easier with Briefing on TV. Samsung Smart TVs now act as alarms, and sync up with Samsung mobile devices, to turn on and display important items such as the time, the weather and your schedule, on the large screen display.Samsung’s platform, powered by Tizen, allows Samsung Smart TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem, facilitating easy collaboration with a number of partners for ultimate flexibility and unparalleled access.
- Samsung’s platform, powered by Tizen, allows Samsung Smart TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem, facilitating easy collaboration with a number of partners for ultimate flexibility and unparalleled access.
- Tizen’s compatibility with other devices establishes Samsung’s Smart TVs as the control center of any Smart Home. Samsung’s new Smart TV with Tizen sets the standard for future Smart TVs, redefining the entertainment experience.
Samsung will offer three new series of SUHD TVs – JS9500, JS9000 and JS8500 – in nine screen sizes from 48” to 88”, so consumers are able to purchase not only the best possible picture, but a TV that best fits their needs.